Friday, 10 February 2012

Geographe Bay Scarf

This scarf was conceived as a quick lace holiday knit - something that was simple but interesting enough to keep me entertained. I wrote about this scarf in mid-January in the A Passionate Yarn Blog ("the Yarn") as it was also inspired by a trip to the local yarn shop in Margaret River (in the South West of Western Australia) with my mother-in-law where the owner Justine suggested I try a beautiful yarn, Rowan Belle Organic DK. The yarn was really very soft to the touch (organic - 50% cotton, 50% wool) and had a beautiful deep pink colour. I succumbed to temptation but given I was on a yarn diet....yes, these things happen....I only purchased 2 balls. This meant I had to be creative with my two balls and a beautiful lace scarf seemed the way to go.

Photo Copyright Photograpy by AnnaBirgitte
Photo copyright Photography by AnnaBirgitte


 It's called the Geographe Bay Scarf because the pattern in the middle section reminded me of the Norfolk Pines on holiday down there and the patterns on the sides seemed to fit the sunny nature of the scarf

Norfolk Pine Treas - Photo Copyright A Passionate Yarn
Geographe Bay Scarf Photo Copyright A Passionate Yarn

 The Geographe Bay Scarf is now available for sale on Ravelry and will soon be available on the A Passionate Yarn website.




No comments:

Post a Comment